The main objective of the Mechanical Engineering Program is to train skilled ‘Mechanical Technicians’ who can use all kinds of metalworking machines, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, engineering principles, and computer-aided design, as well as manufacture and assemble machine parts using various machining methods. Our academic staff and physical infrastructure are prepared accordingly to achieve this goal.
The fundamental aim of the Mechanical Engineering Program at Gedik University Vocational School is to equip students with comprehensive knowledge and skills in the field of mechanical technology. The program aims to educate students not only in practical application but also to fully grasp the basic manufacturing and design concepts.
Vision of the Mechanical Engineering Program
To be a pioneering department that contributes to society and humanity by converting research results into technology within universal standards.
Mission of the Mechanical Engineering Program
To provide undergraduate education at the national and international level, equipped with knowledge and experience to participate in technical, administrative, and R&D studies in industry, instilling continuous learning habits, being entrepreneurial, team-oriented, solution-oriented, research-oriented, possessing analytical and synthesis skills, open to technological developments, sensitive to environmental and cultural values, conducting scientific research and producing technology that benefits the country and humanity, and possessing universal thinking abilities.
After graduation, our students will have the ability to:
- Design and project a system, and draw it in a computer environment.
- Design molds for parts.
- Select the most suitable material and tool for a part, plan the process, and machine the parts in a machining tool in the most economical conditions.
- Prepare and work on part programs for CNC machines.
- Conduct dimensional and angular measurements, determine tolerances, and perform gauge dimensioning.
- Perform destructive and non-destructive mechanical tests on materials.
- Control mechanical systems using hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Work as part of a team and take responsibility.
- Communicate with personnel at different levels within the organization and use written and verbal communication techniques.
Who Can Apply to This Program?
Those who wish to become mechanical technicians should possess:
- A high level of spatial and shape relationship perception,
- Mechanical ability,
- The ability to use hands and eyes in coordination,
- Enjoyment of working with tools and machines,
- Strong and healthy hands and eyes,
- Attention to detail and cautiousness.
Upon graduation, a mechanical technician can design and project a system, and draw it in a computer environment. They can also select the most suitable material and tool for a part, plan the process, and machine the parts in the most economical conditions using various machining methods. Furthermore, they can prepare and work on part programs for CNC machines, perform dimensional and angular measurements, determine tolerances, and perform gauge dimensioning. They are capable of conducting destructive and non-destructive mechanical tests on materials, as well as controlling mechanical systems using hydraulic and pneumatic systems. They are team players and can take responsibility. Moreover, they can communicate with personnel at different levels within the organization and use written and verbal communication techniques.
The machinery manufacturing industry is the driving force behind industrialization not only in Turkey but also worldwide, and it will continue to be the cornerstone of our country’s development in the future. Since most of the machinery manufacturers in Turkey are small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), this structure provides more flexibility and rapid response to changing economic conditions and technological developments.
The advantage of cheap labor and advanced engineering skills possessed by SMEs in the sector are elements that increase the competitive advantage of machinery manufacturers in international markets. In the Turkish Machinery Manufacturing Industry, all kinds of parts and components are produced at high quality and competitive prices. The domestic input rate during production is approximately 80-85%. A Mechanical Technician can be employed in both public and private sectors where all kinds of metalworking and technical service activities are carried out.
Vertical Transfer to Undergraduate Programs
- Industrial Engineering
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering
- Marine Machinery Management Engineering
- Marine and Naval Architecture Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Agricultural Machinery Engineering